Friday, May 14, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Well, it's been about 3 months since I've posted anything. I don't know that I can call this a blog if I only post once a quarter. I think about posting more often but other things come up, oh well. Here's a brief recap of the past few months with lots of pictures to follow.

February: Stacy took her first trip sans kids! I flew to San Antonio for a college roommate's baby shower. Jared stepped in as super-dad and watched the kids for four days. It was great for me though much harder on Jared as Paige came down with fever Friday and then Owen on Saturday. Needless to say, all were happy to see Mommy on Sunday evening!

March: Stacy ran a 10K! As I'm sure you've heard, the weather in San Diego is fabulous! You can run almost anytime of the day, any day of the week. This past January I decided I was going to train for a short race in the spring. (Let me preface with when we moved here last May I could hardly run a mile...I can walk all day long but running is not my forte.) Race Day was March 15th. Training was going great until I returned from my San Antonio trip. Kids were sick when I was gone but I got sick when I got home. I didn't end up registering for the race for a few reasons but the day of the race I took the dog out on a 3 mile run, brought her home and decided to go out for another 3. I did my at home 10K and was pretty pleased.

April: The kids enjoyed Easter with the neighbors and an egg hunt in our backyard. We went to the zoo a few times and Owen went through swim lessons. He's definitely not afraid of the water but has some more work to do. He'll have another month of lessons this summer. We hear a lot of peace of mind for parents comes when your children are drowned proof.

May: Jared's sister, Kacey, was married this past weekend in Arlington, VA. We enjoyed a family trip to the DC/VA area and had a wonderful, busy week. Kacey was a beautiful bride and the wedding was lovely (as were the flowers, kudos to my mother-in-law). We had so much fun with Jared's aunt and uncles and were able to get in some time with my mom's family as well. It was wonderful to spend Mother's Day with my mom's family. We also spent a few days with some great friends we met in the Azores. Owen and James had a happy reunion and we enjoyed our day at Mount Vernon. Paige was quite taken with the lambs as you'll see in pictures (at some point). Jared and I are running a 4 Mile Bridge Run this Sunday over the Coronado bridge. Should be quite the endeavor as we're both sick after our trip but we'll manage.

Guess that's it for now. Fun pictures to follow.

No comments: