Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Royal Mess

This past week Owen and I had an especially tough morning with one another...I think the picture really says it all.


Is it fun for them to make messes like these? He not only took all his own toys and books off his shelves, he brought every book from Paige's room as well as her baskets of toys and dumped them on his floor.


It wouldn't have been soooo bad if the clean up had been a little easier. Three year olds can come up with good excuses - all of a sudden, his hands didn't work and the books were too heavy! When I asked Owen to clean up the mess he said "no, you do it." Not surprisingly, that didn't sit well with me and not with him either. We eventually got the mess cleaned up but it took awhile.


Owen apologized all afternoon and told me he was sorry and wouldn't make a mess like that again...for some reason I don't believe him! The next day he took the books off of Paige's shelves again but left them in her room...baby step right?

3 comments:

Here and Now said...

All Michael said was "Holy Cow!!!" Then he laughed a lot!! Hehe...thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Danny used to call them "mess parties".....I have a similar photo of Danny and a friend when they were about the same age.
Hard for the caregiver to keep a sense of humor....Hang in there.

Bronwen said...

Thanks for sharing your stories and pics! Steve and I laughed pretty hard at the Royal Mess :-) Guess we have some good times to look forward to. - Bronwen & Steve